Winter Hair Care and Styling

[Batiste Dry Shampoo, John Frieda Serum, Lee Stafford Repair Oil Serum, Toni&Guy Rough Texturiser and Toni&Guy Salt Spray]

I never used to be a big blowdry person but now I could hardly imagine myself not drying my hair with a hairdryer! But as someone with incredibly frizzy hair whilst still being someone who wants texture means that I've had to come up with my own recipe for the perfect blow dry.

First thing I do is apply the John Frieda serum to my hair when it's wet, but focus on the middle and ends to avoid greasy roots. I then brush it through. I then apply a couple of pumps of the Lee Stafford hair oil to just the ends. Then I blow dry it! But when I do this, I have to split up my hair into sections to make sure it dries fully. When my hair is partially dry, I spray the littlest amount of salt spray in the ends of my hair to give it the slightest bit of texture but the heat from the hairdryer means that my hair doesn't go crunchy.

Once my hair is dry, I spray a bit of the Dry Texturising spray (which is an incredible dupe for the Oribe version) into my roots to give a great mussed up look without having to worry about my hair looking frizzy!

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

14 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie, I hope you are well. :) The Bastie Dry shampoo is my staple winter hair care - I'm always using this to keep my hair fresh.

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I use dry shampoo every other day as mine needs washing everyday so I like to give it a day off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of product you use on your hair after washing. I do nothing. I wouldn't mind using th hair oil though because my hair is a little dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Batiste, it's so easy to use! I'm also a fan of using John Frieda from time to time :)

    Frankie x
    Crazyblondegal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. I wouldn't be able to cope without Batiste - I use it all the time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to use Batiste all the time, now I use CoLab which is brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of the products you have mentioned. Batiste is like my holy grail hair product and I use it practically everyday, even on freshly washed hair! My favourite is their XXL variation :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post I love trying new hair care but I haven't ever tried Toni & Guy.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard some really good things about Toni and Guy and I really want to try them but I don't know how it's going to work on my curly hair

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post lovely, I need to try some of these products out myself! xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and products! Think I'm the only person who doesn't swear by dry shampoo, guess it;s cos my hair is so dry! I do swear by hair oils though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to get a hair routine sorted, I rarely even bother drying mine after washing it... I do love dry shampoo though, I'm loving the COLAB ones at the moment :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome list! I would love to try all of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list of products! I can't go with out hair oil! It makes my hair look so much nicer and softer! x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete