A Mask For...


I adore face masks. I use them on a regular basis (we're talking two to three times a week) and I know this may seem excessive but each mask has a specific purpose so sometimes it's necessary. There has been a massive phase of using several masks in one go, one for the T zone, another for cheeks etc etc, but I'm a firm believer that you should treat your entire face the same and use a mask on your entire face. But I'm going to break down my favourite masks for various purposes.

A mask to cleanse...
The Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing mask is a cult favourite amongst beauty fans and bloggers and there's a good reason for that, because it's incredible. It really does make your skin feel clean and really sorts out any gunk in your pores. The best part is that it's incredibly gentle and your skin doesn't feel stripped at all, just clean.

A mask for when you've worn makeup all week...
I don't wear makeup on a regular basis but when I do, my skin gets quite dry and doesn't feel as smooth and clear as it would be on a normal basis, so I reach for a mask that contains charcoal to really deep cleanse every inch of my face and make sure I start the next week with baby soft fresh skin. I adore the Origins Clear Improvement Mask because it really sorts out any blemishes and cleans out any blackheads without stripping my skin. After using this, my skin positively glows.

A mask for dry skin...
As we approach the cooler months, my skin really starts to dry out and I reach for oils, serums and moisture packed masks to really prevent my bases clinging to any dry patches. My current favourite for this is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Oatmeal Mask which leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft. Oatmeal is already known for having a soothing effect on your skin and in turn moisturises it. I can't say much more about it, than that it's really moisturising.

A mask to brighten...
I didn't know this was a thing until I started beauty blogging but you honestly don't know how dull your skin is looking until you use a mask packed with AHA's and BHA's. The REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask which really does what it says on the tin, it leaves your skin looking radiant. It smells like citrus meets off milk so it's a little bit funky but aside from that it's absolutely brilliant. I push past the smell because it's so bloomin' good.

A mask to tighten pores...
Now I'm always dubious about any products that claim to reduce pore sizes as unless they are physically changing the very make up of your skin, it'll never happen. But the REN Clarimatte Invisible Pores Detox Mask which definitely doesn't make your pores invisible, it's great for reducing the appearance of them. It really does help to tighten up and purge pores so it's great once again for if you've been wearing a lot of product on your skin like pore filling primers.

A mask to do it all...
This baby pink clay mask is the newest addition to my collection of masks and it's fast becoming my all round go to. The Origins Original Skin Retexturising Mask smooths your skin, deep cleanses, and consecutively brightens. It's not particularly moisturising but it doesn't strip your skin either so it's a win in my books.

What are your favourite masks?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of these but they're going right into my wishlist!! I am using some samples from mario badescu now, a revitalizing mask with aha that does a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh I need to try Mario Badescu! Deffo on my list x

      Delete
  2. Such a wonderful and super informative post! I now have a place where I can refer to when I get all confused with all the different face mask options. I must admit I am still a bit of a newbie when it comes to skincare! They all sound lovely but the Origins Clear Improvements mask is calling my name!

    Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! I was a newbie (we're talking wipes...) but I love it all now! x

      Delete
  3. I loved this post and I absolutely love the sound of Origins Original Skin Retexturising Mask, one I will definitely be looking out for x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Origins Clear Improvement mask, it's fab for a good old clear-out of the pores! I really like their Out of Trouble mask, too, it calms down my skin really nicely :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's brilliant! perfect for clearing out everything x

      Delete
  5. I love doing masks on a weekly basis -- I can always tell a difference in my skin when I don't do it routinely. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post! I love face masks and added few in my wish list from this post :D Before buying any more I seriously have to use some up which I already own x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have ever heard of any of these, though the brand REN I think the wife uses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wanna try the aesop mask! I've heard so many good things about it xxx

    ReplyDelete