Ultimate Beauty Dupes


I'm by no means a high end fiend but I can appreciate a good foundation or a good highlight and if it knocks Boots equivalents out of the water, I'll pay the money so it's always exciting when I find budget versions that save me all that dollar.

Primers are something that I've always been quite indifferent to, the kind of product that you never really know what you're missing until you find the one. The Soap&Glory One Heck of A Blot is incredible. Now that summer is well and truly gone, I favour more matte skin over dewy so a primer to help keep oils at bay was a go to for me. This is beautiful. I've heard it's similar to the Too Faced Hangover Primer as it helps keep your makeup fresh and relatively matte without removing all dimension from your face. It doesn't make my makeup look cakey or anything along those lines and for £10 it's very well priced. (Plus the packaging looks incredible.)

Then onto a contour kit that will save you major money. The Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour Palette is a cult favourite amongst anyone who wants cheekbones sharp enough to kill but at £40, it really is steep. I stumbled across the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Palette after a good ole instagram stalk when I discovered that it's what Little Mix's makeup artist uses (and lets be honest, their contour game is always incred.) so I thought why not, and picked it up. I own the Anastasia palette and I'm not overly fussed but the Barry M is ten times better. The pigment is amazing, its buttery and it does it's job. There is a warm toned and cool toned contour shade in the palette so it's versatile and although the palette only comes in one skin shade, it's definitely one to keep an eye on. It's less than £10 and is so good that I'm kicking myself for not discovering this earlier. Fingers crossed they bring out some more colours for people with darker skin tones.

And now let's talk highlight. I love a good highlight and when I'm looking for a soft natural, dewy look, liquid highlighters are the ultimate way to achieve that subtle glow. Benefit High Beam is a lovely liquid highlight that has a pink undertone which ultimately gives that lovely glow. But £20 for a tiny pot is quite steep. I spotted this Sleek Barekissed Illuminator in Monaco and instantly knew it was going to be a winner. It's almost identical to the Benefit version but the Sleek comes in a variety of colours. It doesn't contain glitter like so many highstreet highlights but is beautiful. There are champagne and bronze shades also as part of the range so it's great for all skin tones. 

Finally, skincare. I didn't have this when I put together my budget skincare routine but this definitely deserves a place. This Botanics Hot Cloth Cleanser is a sure fire win for anyone looking for a budget balm cleanser and can't afford high priced items like the Emma Harding or Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm. It smells incredible and feels incredible luxurious on the skin. I wouldn't say it's a direct dupe but it's certainly a budget equivalent. 

What are some of your favourite budget dupes?

17 comments:

  1. The Barry M Chisel Kit has been my favourite for the past few months, gives the most beautiful natural effect xx

    Rose
    Le Petit Trianon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try these! Especially the hot cloth cleanser and the illuminator!!! They go directly in my british wishlist!
    Alice | Alice's Beauty Madness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh so many great dupes! I love the look of the Sleek illuminator especially! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must try the Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot - sounds amazing!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soap&Glory One Heck of A Blot is now on my list to hunt down and try x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I hadn't heard that the new S&G primer was a dupe for the Too Faced primer, that's made me want to pick it up even more! It's definitely on my wish list next time I pop in to Boots. x

    Megan | http://www.meganjean.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely be checking out the Botanics Hot Cloth Cleanser - I keep hearing good things about this brand but keep not getting round to picking up some bits! I love the Soap & Glory Primer too, definitely not considering a Sephora order to get the Too Faced any more :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you take your blog photos, they're so fun and pretty! I really wanna try the primer the most xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not tried any of these products but they sounds great!! Especially that primer. Also I just must say your photos are SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving that highlight shade of the BarryM contour palette ^-^

    KayCakeBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Barry M Palette looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great dupes! I LOVE discovering a new beauty item that works as well -- or better -- than the expensive, high-end version :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great dupes! I'll be keeping eye out for the primer as I'm always looking for a new one :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading about dupes on another blog and I am wondering if there are any male dupes out there now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so wanna try Heck of a blot, haven't seen it here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i need to try that one heck of a blot! ive lost my powder so i think it might be time to purchase this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love High Beam so will definitely have to have a look at the Sleek Illuminator, it does look lovely! I think I need to give the S&G primer a try as well :) Great post, thanks for sharing your dupes!!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete