2016 Goals & Resolutions

So, hello there. Long time no see?

Well, happy new year! Hope you've all had an incredible Christmas and a fantastic New Year! Apologies for the radio silence on my behalf but I've been focusing on spending time with family so unfortunately the blog has had to take a bit of a backseat. (And of course piles of university assignments have put a bit of a dampener on things...)

But onwards.

I'm not big on New Years Resolutions - I very much believe that if there is something you want changed, do it. But I decided to list a few of my goals for the upcoming year as writing these things down can make them seem that bit more realistic.

  1. Schedule my blog posts at least a couple of months in advance. I know this seems ridiculous but as I approach the mid point of my degree, I have no way of predicting when assignments are coming about so scheduling a couple of months in advance leaves room for those weeks where anything outside university is basically impossible. It's going to be a big job to take these photos but it'll be worth it in the end.
  2. Actually go to the gym. I'm one of those people who always enjoys going to the gym once I'm there but the thought of venturing out into the icy cold to walk there gives me chills (bear in mind it is literally down the street from where I live). Pure laziness. But so far, I've been three days in a row which isn't too bad. Lets keep it up.
  3. Watch my meals. I'm actually quite good with food and based on the amount of nutritional information that I actually know, I should be a size four. But alas, Dominoes two for tuesday was becoming a habit and the day the delivery man recognise me was a day I knew it had to stop. Currently on day three of not eating crap and it's not going too badly. 
  4. Make room for friends. This sounds silly but there was a point where I was not seeing my friends because I was getting so lost in either my laptop, netflix or my bed which was becoming increasingly unhealthy for my state of mind. But I'm already making a conscious effort to spend time with them whether thats going to do the food shop together or just relaxing. 
  5. Go for it. I'm naturally quite a confident person but I do get nervous about new things - my biggest fear being meeting new people. Once I'm there, I'm fine but it's the getting there where it gets tricky. 
What are some of your resolutions and goals?


1 comment: