Freshers Week Lookbook #1






[Dress: ASOS | Jacket: New Look | Clutch: ASOS | Shoes: New Look]

So Freshers is around the corner and with that comes notorious club nights and that means dressing for it. But unfortunately, most of the "party dresses" available are bodycon and not fun whatsoever as I don't like bodycon. So that meant that I've been inventive and have put together a lookbook that will consist of 4 different outfits which will be up here!

This dress is from ASOS and has a lovely sweetheart neckline and is a skater style dress but the dark colour means its perfect for people who may not be massively confident about their bum or thighs (like me!) It's quite versatile and could be very formal if you wanted it to be, but I felt the leather jacket really took it down to smart/casual. And the chunky necklace is ideal for filling in the open space that the neckline leaves! 

This outfit is definitely more on the formalish side but have no fear, there are three more to come!

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit! I love your clutch and the necklace, they really stand out against your dress. Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely think a chunky necklace is great to add a bit to an outfit!

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit! I really like the dress and the statement necklace x

    Telina | Love, Telina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to invest in some more 'schnazzy' outfits for freshers and I'm still yet to own a pair of heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally only own two pairs of heels! Go for a pair that is versatile and comfortable!

      Delete
  4. you look beautiful! the necklace is my favorite part :)

    x
    Gifs & Garb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! I love your dress and necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit, I love the dress - I'm obsessed with sweetheart necklines. I love how you've teamed this up as I always worry when wearing black if I'm wearing too much hehe!

    Charlee
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely love black a bit too much...

      Delete
  7. I remember the Freshers week! For me though it was many many years ago. I remember I only had a couple of going out outfits, I don't recall there being the same variety in affordable clothing stores for young women that there is today. I like the style of your dress as it hugs your figure in all the right places. The leather jacket makes the look edgy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dress! :) Nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You cannot go wrong with a lbd and a leather dress. For this reason I own 6 (yes I know - it's awful!)
    I live in heeled boots at uni. Comfy and they look good (and if you get semi-casual ones you can wear them to lectures too and kind of deal with the fact they cost £100?!)

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I did body con during Freshers, I think I must have just been wearing control pants and been very uncomfortable. Skater dresses are way more practical :)

    http://magpiejasmine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete