The Berry Edit: Getting Lippy



I love a bit of colour and over these past few months, I've become a bit of a lip product fiend - something I didn't realise until I had to pack them all up to move to university! I love the diversity in products you can now get so I decided to compile my latest loves and the ones I'll be wearing whilst the leaves remain brown.

Lip crayons are definitely some of the easiest products to wear as no lip liner is required and they're often moisturising which is something I've found with the NV Colour Chunky Crayon in Spiced Plum*. The colour instantly makes me think of chrismas and the deep purple is definitely something I'll be wearing on nights out. Revlon have made a name for themselves with their various crayons and a really nice brown hued colour is Adore as part of their Just Bitten Kissable range. The colour is really lovely and natural - perfect for days when you don't want to wear much makeup. I've also been liking the Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in Provocateur Femme Fatale. The colour is more on the orange spectrum but is subtle enough that you don't have to forgo your eye makeup when using - the colour builds really well as well. 

One of the latest beauty blogger hypes is the Bourjois Paris Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks which apply like lipgloss but dry matte - they're incredibly pigmented and last forever. I own Ole Flamingo which is a bright pink with red undertones and Peach Club which is a peach (obviously) natural shade but matte enough to show you're wearing lippy. Both are some of the best matte lipsticks I've tried, and they don't go funny when you touch them up should you need to. Barry M has also released a cracking colour which unfortunately doesn't have a name but is LPS3*. It's a lovely yet quite basic pink. Your bog standard lipstick.

But my favourite berry hued lipsticks are Topshop Lips in Hazard, Collection's Little Mix in Jesy and a Sephora one in Rouge. All three are my current go to colours and are all equally moisturising. However, I do wear them all with lipliner and a Lip sealer as theres nothing pretty about leaving lipstick prints on coffee cups or glasses. Trust me. I've been using Lipcote and it honestly is brilliant - it mattifiess the lips slightly but is otherwise ace.

What are your go to colours for autumn?

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

15 comments:

  1. Lovely choices! I need to get some of the Boujois Rouge Editions, i keep hearing great things about them x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine // My Blog Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours. I'm a red,orange, copper, brown girl. I often mix more than one lippy togther as well so I can blend it to my outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post, I am a huge lipstick fan, sadly I am yet to find a long stay red that actually stays. Thus far maybelline 24 hour wear is the closest I have found...so the search continues Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks.. I need to try those bourjois velvet edition lip colors.. They seem great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab choices! I'm currently in love with Yves Rocher Marron Glacé. It's the only one I'm wearing at the moment though I may opt for something a little more vibrant in December.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post I love berry lips In the winter! They all look great.

    Sophie
    Xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to find myself a berry shade which I like and that suits me x

    ReplyDelete
  8. they all look stunning! xx

    Rose
    http://crumbliest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your picks! Some of them are going in to my wish list! :) Thanks for sharing! xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look like lovely shades! I wish I was brave enough for berry lips but I tend to stick to safe bets with pinks even in autumn..

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of all of these shades! I need some Autumn shades - might try some of these :) x

    www.lovetelina.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great colors and brands. I am a big fan of lip crayons, they are my new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the look of the NV crayon and the collection lippy. NV have been on my radar for a while now, but I still haven't placed an order - will have to rectify that ASAP! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first photo made me squeal - I do love a good bright lip x

    ReplyDelete