Getting Crafty with Laura Ashley

 







On Sunday, I was fortunate enough to be invited to a Laura Ashley craft day at RosyLee in the Northern Quarter and it was interesting to say the least. I'm not a craft whiz and even my baking comes at a push (you wouldn't believe how long it takes to get my baking right) but crafting is definitely not my forte.

Walking into the room, I was greeted with my worst fear, the rows of sewing machines (which I can't use) and slowly had to face the fact that I was going to have to try and not sew my finger- but we'll get back to the sewing...

It was honestly so much fun - they divided the group in two and half of us went off to make origami gift boxes and little bows, the other off to make present sacks.

I was in the origami group. We were all handed square cutouts of Laura Ashley wallpaper and were then talked through how to make the box - we're being sent more detailed instructions and as soon as I've sent them, I'll include them in this post. There's a picture of my box above - these were quite therapeutic to make and if I can successfully make one, so can you! 

Then we went onto the sewing... This was eventful. I only managed to sew both sides of my present sack together twice which is definitely a bit of an accomplishment really. I'm quite proud of the final result of my present sack!

The whole day was brilliant, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm glad I wasn't the only person there who can't even sew a button! Thank you so much to everyone who organised it!

If you want to have a look over at some proper pictures of the event, head over to the Laura Ashley blog.

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

11 comments:

  1. Oooh they look lovely. These are amazing for wrapping christmas gifts!

    Emma Louise from theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gift box is so cute. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boxes look great, can't wait to find out how to make them, they'll be perfect for Christmas! X

    HOW I WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely event xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fab event and that gift box looks lovely :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks like a fab event and I love how the little bow on the top was created x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is the little gift box and the paper bow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so beautiful! I'm not great at sewing either, though I'd love to be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, such a creative and crafty evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. id so enjoy this! id love to know how to make the gift box :D

    ReplyDelete