Winter Dewy Skin



One of the worst things about winter (aside from the constant drizzly rain) is how drying the cold is on the skin which means that all the dewiness from summer goes down the drain meaning that matte skin is often popular around winter.

However, I love a good glowy base regardless of the weather so have come up with a selection of highlighters from a variety of budgets perfect for putting the glow back into your skin!

One of my favourite budget buys is the Make Up Academy Shimmer Highlight which is nameless because there are only two shades available, a golden one and the pink toned one shown in the picture - but it depends on your skin type which one you go for. Although it looks pink, it's not pigmented enough for that to be obvious on your skin which means it acts simply as a highlight. This has a slight glittery element so I would say it's great for the evening.

Then we have a bit more expensive option, Benefit's High Beam. This once again has two colours available, the golden colour is called Sun Beam and goes really nicely with a bronze eye look. But once again, this is a really nice liquid highlighter. I dab it along the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and on my brow bone and then just tap it with my fingertips until it blends. It gives a lovely sheen without being over the top - this doesn't have any glitter in it so is great for the day time. I think the fact that it's liquid makes it look far more natural and seems to blend really well with foundation. 

Soap&Glory's Glow All Out powder isn't necessarily a highlight but is a really great powder for making your skin look dewy all over - the powder is really finely milled so doesn't go cakey and is great for making your skin glow without looking oily which is perfect if you have oily or combination skin.

My all time favourite highlighter has to be from Sleek's Contouring and Blush Palette (which is an incredible contouring palette as well). This is probably the most natural looking highlight from the post as it just catches the light without looking like you're wearing makeup. This is my favourite for days where I want to look like I'm not wearing any makeup but still want to look fresh and dewy.

Do you have any highlighter recommendations or do you prefer a matte skin finish in winter?

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

18 comments:

  1. One product I would like to try is Soap&Glory's Glow All Out powder, ive loved it when swatched on my hand x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sleek one is my favourite too! :) Also really like the 2 that Mememe Cosmetics do which are really similar to the Benefit ones xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  3. u should also try theBalm MArylou its such a pretty highlighter ... i am having my eyes on Soap & Glory's Glow All Out powder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the Solar Power Bronzer? perfect for winter :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have and absolutely love all of the highlighters you have mentioned! The Face Form palette is a staple in my everyday makeup routine - I just love how you have all you could need to contour, blush and highlight all in one palette :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a matte Nars contour kit which I love as it doesn't make me shiny. I've got Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick for when I am feeling more daring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that MUA highlighter looks amazing!! ive just invested 30 pounds on Opal by Becca.. wish i had seen this first!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not tried any of the products, heard that highlighter is amazing though.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm scared of dewy skin as i have oily skin so it's matte for me all the way. but one day i will try dewy skin. i have the sleek palette and indeed it is AMAZING. need another one as ive hit pan now

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to pull out my Sleek contour kit - I forgot how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Sleek palette looks so nice and it would be perfect to take with you when traveling! xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do mis the dewy colours of summer, but I'm super basic when it comes to make-up.. The highlighter looks amazing though, I've been debating giving it a go!

    Laura | FASHION, EATS & TREATS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't usually use highlighters but benefit's high beam is one of my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would really love the sleek palette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd absolutely love to try that Soap & Glory one, looks so stunning.

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. great recommendations :)
    http://www.sparklingsmakeup.com/2014/12/daraz-winning-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. High Beam was the first highlighter I ever tried and I just haven't been able to get to grips with powder ones since!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all great at cheating dewy skin, I'm a big fan of the MUA undresed highlighter x

    ReplyDelete