The Met Gala 2015 Roundup




The Met Gala is undoubtedly one of the biggest events of the fashion world (aside from fashion weeks) and the dresses that the celebrities wear look incredible. So when social media was full of the who wore what, I thought I'd share my top choices from the evening.

Alexa Chung is probably one of my ultimate style crushes and was one of the main inspirations behind my fringe - but she looked incredible in a custom Erdem dress which quite frankly, only Alexa Chung would be able to pull off. But what I particularly liked was the print of the fabric used which was one of the few dresses of the evening that actually followed the theme China: Through the Looking Glass.

It's no secret that I love all the Victoria's Secret Angels, but particularly Behati Prinsloo who looked incredible in a velvet geometric Tommy Hilfiger dress which although didn't exactly appear to go with the theme, I loved it nonetheless.

Fan BingBing is a name that I don't normally see, but lets be honest, she looked incredible. Her stunning Christopher Bu dress looked unbelievably and certainly stood out amongst some of the rather drab outfits that the night had to offer. The embroidered multicoloured overcoat and sequinned dress looked amazing together which made her one of my best dressed of the night. 

Karlie Kloss and Gigi Hadid are definitely models of the moment and they both looked incredible. Kloss was wearing Versace and Gigi was wearing DVF and they looked amazing. Both dresses paid homage to the theme and I've run out of adjectives.

Growing up in Asia meant we were constantly coming across little markets that sold jade jewellery and thats what Kendall Jenner's Calvin Klein dress made me think of. Much like Alexa Chung's dress, only Kendall could pull this off and with simple makeup and hair, all eyes were on the dress, particularly the side cut out! The high polo neck reminded me of cheongsam dresses, so once again, going with the China:Through the Looking Glass.

And finally, Miss Rosie Huntington-Whitely who looked unbelievable. I can't entirely see how her dress relates but I'm willing to give her a pass because she looks stunning as per usual. The Versace gown is nothing short of stunning and the red lip paired with otherwise subtle makeup really completed the look.

What were some of your favourite looks of the evening?

3 comments:

  1. That red dress gigi is wearing is stunning! It's so elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kendall's dress, it's such a beautiful colour!!

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous frocks! I love Kendall's xx

    ReplyDelete