Style Edit #1: Monochromatic Coveting


It's rare that I have colour in my wardrobe (I think the only colour I have is denim jeans) but I definitely dispute the fact that monochromatic outfit choices can be boring. Recently, I've been majorly inspired by the recent scandanavian inspired style movement which has started to creep into both my room and closet. In fact, as I sit here today I'm wearing an oversized grey jumper dress with some Stan Smiths so I like to think that I'm (sorta) pulling it off.

But whilst this dress was a steal from ASOS, there are a couple of designer favourites that I've spotted on some of my go-to blogs (harperandharley, I'm looking at you) that when I win the lottery, might eventually end up in my wardrobe.

I'm obsessed with the new Alexa Chung for AG Jeans Fall Collection and this Scotland Wool Turtle Neck jumper is everything I could want in autumn. It would look fab with tailored trousers and brogues. A designer I'm constantly lusting after is Saint Laurent and with Hedi Slimane on board, their whole aesthetic is me in a nutshell. The minimal look of this wallet is exactly the kind of thing I need in my life. And then another Alexa Chung number is this Sacred Monster jumper which is just fun (but entirely necessary).

Then onto these Victoria Beckham Mirrored Oversized Aviators - the only frame I wear is that of an aviator and these oversized badboys are an essential for the summer. VB is the queen of sunglasses and these are very Gigi Hadid who is slowly creeping into my book of style inspiration. Erring away from the Gigi Hadid stylefile is this Rag and Bone Fedora which is very a la Chrissy Teigan who always somehow looks flawless. I do have a H&M version but well, it's just so pretty to look at. The Adidas Superstars are purely an excessive addition as I already have the Stan Smiths but I think they are slightly more casual than the Smiths (and also very Gigi Hadid inspired).

And my final selection of completely excessive shoes - the Nike Roshe Runs. Not for the gym but they'll be cute with jeans as part of a travel outfit. Something I'll never ever ever be able to afford is this Chloe Double Breasted Coat but I'll be searching out for a cheaper alternative. It can really dress up an outfit and add a sophisticated flair. The final addition to my covet list is the Acne Jensen Boots, I do have a cheaper ASOS alternative that I love but these are just so beautiful. Now excuse my whilst I set up a saving plan...

What are you currently coveting?

13 comments:

  1. Those aviators are gorgeous! Great picks hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're SO gorgeous. I think there is something so glam about oversized sunglasses! x

      Delete
  2. I love the turtle neck jumper, you can never have too many x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OBSESSED with a monochromatic look. Its so classic and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunglasses are definitely my favourite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sunglasses are literally AMAZING!!! I love the coloured lenses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to gravitate toward black-colored clothing as well. Not sure why, but it's so comforting. :-) And, hey, those sunglasses have lots of color in them --- who can say those are boring! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your picks.... the aviators are on my wishlist..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. monochrome is such a classic style and will never go out. ive got those roshe runs and ive been wanting them in different colours now

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the grey jumper, it looks so pretty!

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of the sunglasses even though in fall/winter there is not much sun here, but still these are stunning x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete